Favorite Moments of the Wedding:
The ceremony was very important to us. We met with our rabbi on numerous occasions throughout the wedding planning process. I started working on my vows in January. There were many revisions, additions, deletions and so on. But by June 6th, I was able to articulate exactly what I wanted to say to Ryan, and the promises I wanted to make. Ryan’s vows blew me away. He never ceases to amaze me. I could post some of the more emotional pictures, but those seem too personal to share here. But the you may now kiss the bride moment? Pure joy!
Our first dance. We picked a sort of unconventional song, which I guess is sort of ‘our song.’ It’s Bruce Springsteen’s rendition of Fire. There’s a story behind it. We took dance lessons and tried to choreograph a dance, but that whole experience ended in disaster…another story for another day. After that, we put our dance on the backburner and didn’t deal with it until 2 days before the wedding. At that point, we decided to choreograph our own little dance. I won’t say it was phenomenal because it wasn’t…BUT, we had a ton of fun and totally owned our dance on the dance floor.
The speeches. My Maid of Honor had me laughing in tears throughout her whole speech. Our wedding coordinator told us to tell the speakers to limit their speeches to 2 minutes. That might have been the worst advice I was given throughout the wedding planning process, and I did not pass that time limit onto anyone. And then there was Ryan’s speech. This was my favorite moment of the night. Ryan lit up the room. He was hilariously funny, charismatic, worked the room, and said some of the sweetest, most touching words about our relationship. It was a light I hadn’t really seen Ryan in before, and he took my breath away. It also doesn’t hurt to have family and friends still mentioning the speech to end all speeches. A family friend summed it up when she said to my mom, “how can you not marry someone with a speech like that?” It’s true.
This Ann Taylor jacket. I can already tell it’s going to be a fall staple. It’s very flattering and easy to wear.
Tumblr influenced me and I finally bought an Everlane tee. It’s a really good shirt, especially considering the price. Flattering and soft. I highly recommend.
I’ve been thinking about my wedding quite a bit lately. I was so stressed out leading up to it, that I almost (I hate to say this…), couldn’t wait for it to be over. But now that it IS over, I miss it. I miss having our wedding to look forward to. I miss being in a room with all of our favorite people. And dancing and celebrating our love. It really was one of the best days of my life.
This post is dedicated to my bridesmaids. They were comprised of friends and family, and are an amazing group of women. I am so grateful to have had each one of them with me on my wedding day, and to have them as part of every other day as well.
*I finally got the digital files of our wedding… so there might be a few more posts… just maybe.
On another note, Hunter hates if you speak to her in an English accent.
I’m not sure if she’s just pissed about my awful imitation, or she has some deep rooted fear of Brits, but she goes nuts! The tormenting dog owner that I am chases her around saying “hello Hunter, would you like a sandwich?” I’m not really sure how this phrase developed…but I’m doing a good job pissing both my dog and husband off!
I keep hearing people raging at how annoying it is to see people participate in the ice bucket challenge.
1) If something bothers you so much, stay off facebook, or better yet, DELETE your facebook account because its just a matter of time until something else annoys you. Don’t go online. Do what you need to avoid it.
2) I think most people should be aware at this point that the ice bucket challenge has helped raise an incredible amount of money for a truly horrific disease. Why does that bother you?! Even if you’re annoyed with the videos, how do you find it appropriate to rail on the ice bucket challenge when you know how much good its doing?!
3) Although I recognize that I’m doing the same thing right now, why do people constantly feel the need to vocalize every opinion or feeling that they have? No one cares.
4) A lot of people have taken the opportunity to complain about people wasting water or not donating to other causes. First of all, you never have spoken on social media about water before, why now? Just to be contrarian? Two, NOTHING about the ice bucket challenge should stop you from supporting your other causes, it’s totally unrelated.
Ok, that’s my rant.
Last night, some friends and I went out to dinner…and our meal was slightly on the indulgent side.
The meal consisted of:
Eggplant parm and a caprese salad
Margherita pizza, butternut squash and truffle pizza, truffle pasta (this was heaven on earth), and rigatoni with fresh mozzarella, meatballs in a tomato basil sauce.
A cannoli, tartufo, a berry custard type thing, and a nutella calzone.
I am still full, yet starting to fantasize about that truffle pasta.
Mid-week check in,
- My cold is on its way out. As is the rain. The sun is shining bright and the sky is incredibly blue and it’s almost Thursday and I am excited for some weekend relaxation with my family and maybe a little beach action.
- I don’t think I’ve previously mentioned this, but Ryan and I are learning to sail. We will take our 4th sailing lesson this weekend. I’m feeling pretty good about our ability, but I still maintain the opinion that I would rather be on a motor boat. Or a yacht for that matter.
- My really good friend and favorite co-worker no longer works with me and it makes me sad. Like every day.
- Hunter is going through this teenage rebellious type stage. It’s as if everything we’ve taught her has been forgotten, and she’s reverted back to 3 month old bad behavior. Sometimes I even think she’s giving me a dirty look. This is what I mean:
- On the plus side, she’s developed some new hilarious/super cute habits. She sits on the top of the couch and rests her head on my shoulder. She gives me her paw to hold. And she’s started sleeping with us at night, which isn’t a habit, just a development.
- I haven’t bought myself any clothes since June. If you know me, this is a big step in the right direction.
- We are up to date with Game of Thrones and I am so sad that I have to wait months to watch it again.
- My honeymoon tan has completely faded.
- I’m on my usual summer watermelon kick.
Annnnd that’s about all I’ve got.